In 1955, a small group of Lutherans banded together under the pastoral leadership of Pastor Victor Constien. The first worship service for Messiah Lutheran Church was held on February 20, 1955. Sunday school classes and the first adult confirmation class soon followed.
On August 4, 1955, property at the corner of Baytree and McLeod was purchased. A few weeks later the name Messiah was chosen. Over the years, Messiah has expanded multiple times. Expansion began with the dedication of the educational wing on August 29, 1971. Groundbreaking for the new sanctuary was held on April 21, 1996. In 1999, the fellowship hall, kitchen, and nursery were renovated.
Copyright © 2021 Messiah Lutheran Church Valdosta GA - All Rights Reserved.